[ENG] Units vs Individuals ?

Escenarios & Reportes De Batalla
Bawon Samdi

[ENG] Units vs Individuals ?

Post by Bawon Samdi » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:13 am

Would you say that the game favors the use of full units of soldiers or individual heroes ?
Of course, there is a 25% minimum of warriors so there will be some units but with 75% left you have room to build very different armies focusing in one direction or another.

As i am more attracted to smaller format i can totally picture a heroe heavy list but I guess it would be harder to consider for a 300/400 game.

PascalH

Re: [ENG] Units vs Individuals ?

Post by PascalH » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:16 pm

Bawon Samdi wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:13 am
Would you say that the game favors the use of full units of soldiers or individual heroes ?
Of course, there is a 25% minimum of warriors so there will be some units but with 75% left you have room to build very different armies focusing in one direction or another.

As i am more attracted to smaller format i can totally picture a heroe heavy list but I guess it would be harder to consider for a 300/400 game.
Hey!
I wouldn't say the game favors neither units nor individuals. I think you can play both the way you want to, except some restrictions. As you can see in the rules you need at least 2 leaders and a minimum of 4 units (400 points game). To me this seems very balanced. I tried a little bit and you can have many heroes in your army and I think its pretty cool.
I really want to see how one of your hero heavy lists would look like!
If you have one, feel free to post it here!

ajmendoza

Post by ajmendoza » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:38 am

Definitely I wanted to balance that as much as I can. Actually, We tried to give more importance to units than heroes.
Heroes alone will do not too much in against units (they can produce a couple of casualties but most likely he will die during that combat), However some of them will make your units (with leads abilities) works at full energy when they are close.

A Hero inside a unit makes the difference in combat, adding 4 or 3 dice to the unity combat roll. Also, If a enemy unit is too powerful, you can use your leaders to take it out of the unit using the Challenge to a duel order.

What we tried was to promote the single combat between heroes, not to make heroes capable of erase a unit.

PascalH

Post by PascalH » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:45 am

ajmendoza wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:38 am

What we tried was to promote the single combat between heroes, not to make heroes capable of erase a unit.
And to me this is totally right! Heroes are what they are: mighty warriors on the battlefield! But they are mortal. So they can make a difference in duels but I think their main role on the battlefield (and so it was in history) is to lead and inspire troops, and I think you captured this with your rules! I'm coming from Warhammer 40k and there you have in almost every battle a single hero who smokes up your whole squad!

ajmendoza

Post by ajmendoza » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:38 pm

PascalH wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:45 am
ajmendoza wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:38 am

And to me this is totally right! Heroes are what they are: mighty warriors on the battlefield! But they are mortal. So they can make a difference in duels but I think their main role on the battlefield (and so it was in history) is to lead and inspire troops, and I think you captured this with your rules! I'm coming from Warhammer 40k and there you have in almost every battle a single hero who smokes up your whole squad!
Hahaha that is true and it is sometime nice (a hero doing heroic actions). In kensei it can happen of course (dice roll decides our fate) but I hope you like this kind of heroes :D