[ENG] Max. Amount of Firearms

Preguntas sobre las reglas | FAQ
Cara

[ENG] Max. Amount of Firearms

Post by Cara » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:19 pm

Hey there,

while playing around with the army builder, I stumbled upon a question:
1.) In the online Rulebook it says, regarding ranged weapons units: "Up to a maximum of 50% of ap, of which only up to half of them can have firearms. (For 200 ap: up to 100 points may have ranged weapons. If all 100 points are spent on ranged weapon troops, up to 50 points can have firearms.)" (p.125)
Now, that seems to imply, that if I have only 80 ap in ranged weapons, I can only field 40 ap worth of firearms, right?

However, that would not work with some of the example 200 ap armies...
Kuge: 50 ap in ranged weapons, all of them firearms (Ashigaru Teppo).
Otokodate: (40% instead of 25% max allowed) 50 ap in ranged weapons, all of them firearms (Ashigaru Ozutsu).

Since the army builder does not seem to care, I guess it doesn't actually matter? So the table on p.126 (25% firearms/40% for Otokodate) aplies regardless of the total amount of ranged weapons?
In that case I would recommend rephrasing the example on p.125: "Up to a maximum of 50% of ap, of which only up to half of them can have firearms. (For 200 ap: up to 100 points may have ranged weapons. Up to 50 points of those can have firearms.)"

2.) Also... the army builder does seem to count the cost for leaders with firearms into this limit... though on p.124 it says "This general and the rest of the leaders of your army do not count towards any limitations such as type of weapon, equipment or troop."
So it should be possible to field 3 Monk Teppo (45 points) and an Ashigaru Kumigashira (15 points) as leader in a 200 ap Army as a Sohei Player, right? Army builder indicates that it is over the 50 points max for Raged fireweapons units.

Sorry for the wall of text, since I don't have any figures yet, to occupy myself with, I can only read and play with the army builder. :roll:

Greetings,
Cara

ajmendoza

Re: [ENG] Max. Amount of Firearms

Post by ajmendoza » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:02 pm

Hello!
Cara wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:19 pm
Hey there,
while playing around with the army builder, I stumbled upon a question:
1.)
Definitely it should be explained better. You do not need a minimum of not-firearm ranged weapons to add any firearm weapon.

If you are building a Kuge (not-otokdate army) 200 army you can have up to 50 ap firearm, no matter how ranged weapons you are enlisting.

i.e.: all this would be valid:
  • 50 ap firearm and 0 ap archers
  • 50 ap firearm and 50 ap archers
  • 25 ap firearm and 30 ap archers
  • 50 ap firearm and 25 ap archers
  • etc
with an otokodate army it is the same, but you could hire up to 100 ap firearm.
Cara wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:19 pm
2.)
It is an army bug, follow the book restrictions.
Actually, I have to update the army, there are some bug and I have to save some time for it. Thanks for flagging it! :D

I am really happy you are playing with it!

Cara

Post by Cara » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:20 am

Hey @ajmendoza !

Thank you for the quick reply!

I have another firearms related question after I simulated a couple fights to get familiar with the system:

If a unit with firearms (for example Ashigaru Ozutsu) fire on a unit with samurai armour (for example Yari Samurai), is the damage difficulty 3+? (4+ base, armour gets ignored and +1 for shooting a firearm) Or is the +1 for shooting a firearm and the ignored armour the same bonus?

On p.73 in the table it says it is cummulative, so it should be 3+, but I'm confused by the sentence "Firearms ignore the Samurai Armour", that might imply the +1 is for that...

And if shooting on a non-armoured unit, the damage difficulty would then still be 3+? (no armour, +1 for shooting a firearm)

God, I'm hyped, tracking says my models should arrive between 11:00 and 14:00 today. :D

Best wishes,
Cara

ajmendoza

Post by ajmendoza » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:21 pm

Yeahh your models must be there!

About armour

It apply +1 and ignore the samurai armour. So a firearm damage rolling 3+ no matter if the target has armour or not.

ie:

ashigaru and samurai katana are both wounded with 3+

Light cavalry is wounded with 4+ (the cavalry armour is not ignored by the firearm.

Heavy cavalry (buke ) is wounded with 4+. The horse rider has armour but it is ignored but the cavalry armour is not.

Sent from my Aquaris_M4.5 using Tapatalk