[ENG] Short questions, short answers

Preguntas sobre las reglas | FAQ
PascalH

[ENG] Short questions, short answers

Post by PascalH » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:20 am

Hola fellow samurai,

I had another kensei game tonight and there are some small questions we were not sure about! It would be great if you guys can help a bit! :D

1) If yumi samurai get two orders, can they shoot twice per turn? So shooting rules say that only firearms (teppos, canons...) have to be reloaded after shooting. So normal ranged weapons can shoot twice?

2) Furthermore shooting rules say that you cannot shoot against two troops at the same time. Does that mean I cannot split up my shooting roll against two units or does it mean I can only shoot at one enemy per turn?

3) If two single characters get into hand to hand combat, do I have to use one order for charging and another one as a challenge to a duel order or is in this case one charging order enough? If the characters are unit leaders it is totally clear but how is it working when they are loners?

4) Using the ability mortal hit...+2 to the damage roll! Does it mean 2 additional dice or is it related to the base difficulty of the damage roll?

5) It comes to multiple combat between unit A1, A2 and B1. A1 attacked B1 frontal and A2 attacked in the flank. After some casualties removed and melee movement done, Unit A2 is not in contact with miniatures of B1, but A1 is. Does it mean that A2 is "free" now or do I have to use a disengage order although there are no bases in contact?

6) Concerning additional dices when it comes to combat roll, there is +1D6 for consecutive complete ranks. I got a unit with ten miniatures, 2 ranks with 5 warriors. Does it count when it gets attacked on the flank or even rear?

If one of the situation is not clear, I will try to give the example or draw a picture or something like that :D

Thanks for helping out in advance :D

ajmendoza

Re: [ENG] Short questions, short answers

Post by ajmendoza » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:53 am

1) If yumi samurai get two orders, can they shoot twice per turn? So shooting rules say that only firearms (teppos, canons...) have to be reloaded after shooting. So normal ranged weapons can shoot twice?

Nooo, remember a troop only can use 1 combat order per turn. Combat order are: shoot, disengage, hand to hand combat, chage, etc.

2) Furthermore shooting rules say that you cannot shoot against two troops at the same time. Does that mean I cannot split up my shooting roll against two units or does it mean I can only shoot at one enemy per turn?

You cannot split your shooting roll against two units and you only can shot 1 per turn as well.

3) If two single characters get into hand to hand combat, do I have to use one order for charging and another one as a challenge to a duel order or is in this case one charging order enough? If the characters are unit leaders it is totally clear but how is it working when they are loners?

You should use the challenge to a duel order when your lonely leader charge against another lonely leader. That would mean that no other troop could be part of the combat and the combat only will finish when one of the character get killed or flee. I know it is easy to say: "ok, as long as both are single character this duel may be declared automatically" but maybe the one that charge do not want that and I did not want to create an exception in this case (I hate exceptions xD)

4) Using the ability mortal hit...+2 to the damage roll! Does it mean 2 additional dice or is it related to the base difficulty of the damage roll?

+value to a roll always means you add that value to every die result (it makes the difficulty decreases by 2). When you have to add dice to your roll it is always indicated by +XD6 (x can be 1, 2, etc.)

In this case, you have to add +2 to each die of your damage roll. That means you will damage rolling two or more. (mortal hit is very mortal.. xD)

5) It comes to multiple combat between unit A1, A2 and B1. A1 attacked B1 frontal and A2 attacked in the flank. After some casualties removed and melee movement done, Unit A2 is not in contact with miniatures of B1, but A1 is. Does it mean that A2 is "free" now or do I have to use a disengage order although there are no bases in contact?

I thought I add a note about that but I missed it. The rule now say that unit must declared a combat order before the combat start. But I am going to add this note: "if the enemy troop is completely destroyed before fight with one of your troops involved in this multiple combat, that troop can swap its combat order to a ONE non combat order that must be done in this moment. After finishing that order the unit must receive a unit used marker"

So that unit could receive 1 movement, static, etc. order (only one)

6) Concerning additional dices when it comes to combat roll, there is +1D6 for consecutive complete ranks. I got a unit with ten miniatures, 2 ranks with 5 warriors. Does it count when it gets attacked on the flank or even rear?

only when it gets attacked on the front. I will add a note in that table clarifying this (I missed it).

ajmendoza

Post by ajmendoza » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:54 am

How was that game? Did you enjoyed it? i want those pictures! :P

PascalH

Post by PascalH » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Thanks for making these things clear! I'm still trying to learn all the rules and game mechanics :)

I really love the game! It makes so much fun! Most of the rules are really catchy!

In the heat of the battle I totally forgot to take some pictures but next week there will be another match and In will post some afterwards!

ajmendoza

Post by ajmendoza » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:40 pm

Glad to hear that :)

And thanks for these questions. It brings what need to be clarify in the book.

PascalH

Post by PascalH » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:47 pm

Some questions I should have known, but I didnt find the answers during the game.
But there will be a summary page/quick reference in the rulebook? Would make things easier.
Thanks for your help! And I'm glad that I could help a bit with my questions :)

ajmendoza

Post by ajmendoza » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:54 pm

It is half done. But I had no time to finish yet. I will be release it with the new book versiom (this week or early the next one)