[BOTH] My gaming table project

Entorno : Escenografía & Mesas De Juego
PascalH

[BOTH] My gaming table project

Post by PascalH » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:34 am

Hello guys,

I wanted to share my ongoing experience of creating a gaming table for Kensei/Torrii :D
I started this projected two months ago and it hasn't been finished yet. There is a documentation in another forum and you'll find the link at the bottom. It is in german, but I will give you some summaries concerning the single parts of the project later! And you can check out the pictures there :D

Here is the link: https://www.gw-fanworld.net/showthread. ... ales-Japan

The idea

I want to show you the concept of my gaming table! It will consist of a fortress, a cherry tree grove, a small village with some fields and a river.
There is a model I made, what shows the arrangement of the elements, but dont wonder - I made it with a software for planning railroad tables :D Thatswhy some details are missing too...

Here I will present the single "parts" of my table:

The Fortress

This will be the biggest section on the table! I want to use the plastcraft scenery Fukei, at most the colorED edition. I already bought 2 wall sections and 1 castle gate. I really like the outcome of the buildings, they are are prepainted, but not as easy to assemble as I thought :D
Basically the fortress will be rectangular with 4 sumi towers at each corner, wall sections between them and a gate house at the front side. It will stand upon a hill made of polysterene.

In the middle will be as ususal the tenshu, here I use another building from plastcraft; the pagoda. Its a beautiful building, and will be one of the eyecatchers, but I heard this one is really pain in the ass when it comes to assembling :lol:

The cherry grove

Here is the next bigger part of my gaming table!

There was a Temple with a shrine and a zen garden with some cherry trees around. But when the war came to hymukai, the monks which lived there, had to leave and abandoned the garden. This is the idea I want to catch :D
i found some nice buildings from sarissa I will add later, They have a small shrine and a temple bell and I believe they will fit perfectly!

Last edited by PascalH on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PascalH

Re: [BOTH] My gaming table

Post by PascalH » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:47 am

photos will follow :D

Here is the link for the buildings mentioned above:

http://plastcraftgames.com/en/10-colored-fukei
Last edited by PascalH on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ajmendoza

Post by ajmendoza » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:44 pm

It is going to looks awesome :D.
The plastcraft scenery looks awesome and the layout of the table is really interesting.

Are you going to make the ground modular or one big piece? Have you seen the scenery planet channel? Maybe you could take some ideas from there (they add English subtitles). Your design reminds me this table (of course, it is a sci-fy table, but you know.. xD).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb7aO5316rM

PascalH

Post by PascalH » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:44 pm

That table is looking great! Thanks for sharing! :D

The ground will be one big piece, but i want to use game mats, so you can exchange the ground. All terrain pieces won't be glued to the ground but on bases, so its some kind of modular.

I have another modular, six-tiled table and it sucks somehow, cause you have some gaps between the tiles and it doesn't look good! So thatswhy I decided to make one 4x4 table

ajmendoza

Post by ajmendoza » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:18 am

I like that idea.
I have never used a battle mat. Do you think it is possible put it over a non flat table? I do use to like them because although they looks pretty awesome I always see them over flat tables.

What about to add some terrain elevations (using foams or similar) and them putting the mat over? Would it work?

PascalH

Post by PascalH » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:56 am

We had a discussion about that in the other forum. Most people think it wouldnt work quite well, because of the mats thickness. I will try it, but I guess the elevations have to be in top of the mat. And that will lead to the question, how to adapt the outlook of the elevations to the map.
Of course I will share my experience with you, when In bought everything :D

Check out my first post! I'll keep it updated!