[ENG] Is there a reason to take Yari Ashigaru in Buke army?

The Iron Weevil

[ENG] Is there a reason to take Yari Ashigaru in Buke army?

Post by The Iron Weevil » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:00 am

It seems like Buke's biggest strength is having superior warrior units in the form of Yari Samurai.

They are 16.6% harder to wound than Ashigaru due to armour.

They will fight the same unit strength(their strength at the start of the turn)for an entire turn due to the last breath ability, meaning when your enemies charge them mutiple times, they will take more damage than if they did the same to an Ashigaru unit. It also takes 2 turns to witter them away with missile fire before changing them.

So as my title asks, does anyone have a reason (beyond simply liking them) to take Yari Ashigaru in the Buke lists?

And are there equivalent examples of core units becoming obsolete in other clan due to their unique units?

PascalH

Re: Is there a reason to take Yari Ashigaru in Buke army?

Post by PascalH » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Had exactly the same thoughts and kicked the ashigaru out. Had 10 from the buke army box, and replaced them with 10 yari samurai

RobotTanuki

Re: Is there a reason to take Yari Ashigaru in Buke army?

Post by RobotTanuki » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:34 am

Same thoughts here.

I think that Buke has the unique position of having probably an objectively better line infantry. The only other case I could imagine is the Katana Ashigaru of the Otokodate, which is offensively better then Yari Ashigaru.