[ENG] Solving impacts in combat

Preguntas sobre las reglas | FAQ
PascalH

[ENG] Solving impacts in combat

Post by PascalH » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:43 pm

Hey Guys,
Sorry for asking questions again!

I reread the rules three times and I still don't get it...
In combat attacker and defender are making a success roll with the attack attribute of the respective miniature. The player which obtains more impacts wins the fight, the difference between are the total impacts. But what happens in a draw? I know there are abilities like trained or veteran but what if there is no miniature in combat with this attribute?

Thanks for your help again and sorry for my questions !! (Feeling already to stupid to ready a rulebook :D)

ajmendoza

Re: [ENG] Solving impacts in combat

Post by ajmendoza » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:27 pm

The winner must perform a roll adding that difference to the result. If it is 1-3 the enemy gets stunned, if it is 4 - 8 the enemy gets 1 wound. If it is 9+ the enemy suffers 2 wounds.

The more the difference is the easier to make the enemy suffers 2 wounds.

Does this makes sense?

PascalH

Post by PascalH » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:55 pm

Somehow yes, but in a combat where both players does exactly the same amount of successful rolls, there is no difference?! So who is the winner?

That the winner adds the difference to 1D6 to check of stunned or wounded I understood :)

Lets say a no dachi-samurai attacks a yari ashigaru. No-dachi Samurai attack value 3, and yari ashigaru has attack value 2. So the players make an success roll in 4+. Now the no-dachi Samurai fails 2 rolls and the yari ashigaru fails 1. It's now 1 die vs 1 die, difference is 0. Without any abilities concidered, who wins the fight and is allowed to roll for damage? Or does anything else happen by a draw?

Thanksthanksthanks sir :)

ajmendoza

Post by ajmendoza » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:05 pm

Aaaahhh was me the one that did no understand the question hehe.

In thay case it is a tie and nothing else happen. There is no winner and both miniatures remain in hand to hand combat.

PascalH

Post by PascalH » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:09 pm

Woaw that was an easy one! I wasnt quite sure but it makes sense of course! I love how you adapted the kensei ruleset for torii, really cool idea!

Thanks for your help again!

ajmendoza

Post by ajmendoza » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:21 pm

Thanks and you are welcome :)